3/13/15

Purpose

Hello! My name is Lily, and I want to help teach youth how to connect with their families through family history. 
   As a youth myself, I first discovered modern-day family history a few years ago after logging into FamilySearch.org out of curiosity. Family Search is a website run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to help people worldwide connect to their ancestors, whether or not they are member of The Church. (To learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, go here.) I was fascinated. There was so much information about so many of my family members I hadn't even known existed! I continued to visit the website and gradually learned about it's purpose and how to use it. Since then, I have been able to learn more about my ancestors and take their names to the temple to receive saving ordinances for them which they did not have the opportunity to receive in their lifetime. Now, I am passionate about teaching other young people how to receive the spirit of Elijah.

   Although much of the terminology I will use will be familiar to members of The Church, I will do my best to add links with explanations of what I am talking about for those not as familiar. 


  Heavenly Father has saved us to come to earth in this time and place to prepare the world for the second coming of Jesus Christ. We have come into a world with the tools we need to hasten the work of salvation. We have been born into the age of computers and other devices that simplify family history so much. Now it is our duty to do the work we have been given. God has prepared us, and He will guide us.



   Hopefully this blog will inspire you to do more than just attach dates to names or merge duplicates. My goal is to follow the guidance of the Holy Ghost to teach you how to connect with and come to love your ancestors. This is the Spirit of Elijah.