4/20/15

But there IS a resurrection!

Today I talked with one of my favorite people. She lives close to me, and I've adopted her as my "Third Grandma." (She laughingly asks why I placed her so low on the totem pole:) She is just one of those people that you have to love. She is so wise and understanding. Much of it comes from experience; she hasn't had an easy life by any means. One thing she is enduring is the death of her husband 1.5 years ago. He had Alzheimer's disease for a decade, I believe, and she took care of him faithfully till his death. She was (and is) so devoted. But it is still so hard. How can people keep going without those they love? What is the purpose of life when what we live for is taken away? 

              "But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ."

(Mosiah 16:8, emphasis added.) 


Our families and friends are never truly taken. One day we will be with them forever in God's kingdom. He is the light and the life of the world, and through him, all wrongs will be made right to those that endure faithfully.


                    Spiritual inspiration here

1 comment:

Share Your Light!