5/21/15

Jean Hinckley: My Grandmother

My paternal grandma is such a neat person. She was raised on a farm in Utah and learned to work hard from her parents. As a newborn baby and for the first 6 months of her life, Grandma faced some serious health problems. Several times her life could've come to an end. But an all-knowing Heavenly Father preserved her life for a wonderful purpose. Growing up, Grandma took many kinds of classes in an effort to discover her "talent." She enjoyed them, but couldn't seem to find something she felt she was really good at. 
Eventually, Grandma got married and started her family. I believe that at least part of her calling in life was to raise a family- something she did and did well. She raised ten children, including my dad, and I am so grateful for it! Later in life, she served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints with my grandpa in Ohio. She honors my grandpa's priesthood, follows the prophet, loves the scriptures and her family and is a loyal patriot. Thanks for your example, Grandma! I love you!




1 comment:

  1. This is such a great post and a sweet way to honor her! I am so grateful for Grandma's example to me and her gentle counsel and patience.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Light!