6/5/15

Elder Perry Quote


"Life on earth is of limited duration. There comes a time for all of us when the spirit and the body are separated in death. But because of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, we will all be resurrected, regardless of whether we have accomplished good or evil in this life. Immortality is the gift to every mortal child of our Father in Heaven. Death must be viewed as a portal to a new and better life.
Through the glorious resurrection, body and spirit will be reunited. We will have a perfect, immortal body of flesh and bones that will never be subjected to pain or death. But the glory we attain to in the next life will depend on our performance in this life. Only through the gift of the Atonement and our obedience to the gospel can we return and live with God once again."

4 comments:

  1. He will certainly live what he has preached!!! He was an absolutely wonderful man! Have you read the article that tells us Elder Perry's last advice to Church membership? It's on ldsliving.com. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sweet Lily,
    Your blog is such a comfort to me this evening as I cannot sleep, worried about Grandma and her declining health. I read this part of your blog, and chills ran down my arms. I needed to hear this, such a beautiful quote from a marvelous man! Keep up this wonderful work, it is such a wonderful tool to help others!
    Love you girl! Aunt Kendra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aunt Kenny,
      This hit me for the same reason: Grandma. It's so good to know that we can view her release, whenever that may come, as a blessing from God(see Elder Nelson's talk, "Face the Future with Faith," April 2011 Conf.). So grateful we're an eternal family!

      Love you,
      Lily

      Delete
  3. Dear Sweet Lily,
    Your blog is such a comfort to me this evening as I cannot sleep, worried about Grandma and her declining health. I read this part of your blog, and chills ran down my arms. I needed to hear this, such a beautiful quote from a marvelous man! Keep up this wonderful work, it is such a wonderful tool to help others!
    Love you girl! Aunt Kendra

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Light!