9/17/15

Stuck? These Tips Could Help You...


   How often do you find yourself hitting dead ends in your family history research? I know I do. Today I read this article on the Family Search blog (yes, those are two different links) that had some tips and tricks to finding the information you need. Amazing what a few clicks and a little but of research can do when you follow the Spirit! Generally speaking,  I don't usually read through an article all the way; I prefer to skim (thanks for those genes, Mom). But I highly suggest reading this article through thoroughly- there's some simple advice you don't want to miss, and I can promise you, you'll need it at some time or another.

Click HERE to link over.


Elder Bednar said,
    "I invite the young people of the Church to learn about an experience the Spirit of Elijah. I encourage you to study, to search out your ancestors, to prepare yourselves to perform proxy baptisms in the house of the Lord for your kindred dead (See D&C 124:28-36). And I urge you to help other people identify their family histories (David A. Bednar, "The Hearts of the Children Shall Turn," Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2011, 26).

I love that Elder Bednar talks about "searching out" our ancestors. Yes, it takes work, time, and effort, but the the rewards are oh-so sweet. Please take the time to find them, even if it's only 5 minutes on a Sunday afternoon, and I promise you will feel the literal blessings of heaven in your life. 



2 comments:

  1. I love when the brethren talk about the youth and family history, especially about how they can be Saviors on Mt. Zion--it is the coolest to be living in this day and age, even though there are so many awful things happening around us. It's like a contest between good and evil, and though it seems like the race is neck-and-neck, or even if we feel like Satan is conquering, we know who will win in the end and if we hold faithful, we will be "crowned with the blessings of heaven"! Hold true, LDS youth everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Light!