3/14/16

Rex Howell: Best Grandpa Ever.

I have the best Grandpa ever. Today I want to tell you about him. Born at LDS Hospital in the 1930s, he eventually had 8 siblings, including a twin sister, Reta. His earliest memory, he told me, is of riding his bicycle to his grandmother's house when she was sick. Grandpa served a mission in the American South, but had to return home a bit early due to illness. He met my grandma, Jean Hinckley, and they married in 1963. They eventually had 10 children! I asked my dad to tell me what he most admired about his dad, and here's what he told me:

" From my view, one of my dad’s greatest attributes is his value of and the focus he places on his family.  But even more significant to me is the way he demonstrates the value he places on his family.  There are lots of things in life that pull dads is different directions and it can be hard to balance them or shut some of them out to make sure that the things of greatest value get the proper attention.  My dad was pretty good at that.  Somehow he avoided the less important things in life and made sure there was time for his children, sometimes individually and sometimes as a group.  I’m sure finding individual time was a serious challenge simply because there were so many of us, but somehow he did it.  He’s also about as patient as a human parent can be.  I very rarely, if ever, remember him losing his patience." Now that is one incredible man. Thank you, Grandpa, for all you have done in showing love for your family.

                                                               I love you Grandpa!!







4 comments:

  1. I really love this post! Rex Howell is also be the Best Dad Ever! I can't think of any titles he'd rather have than Best Grandpa/Dad Ever! His family really is his life. He has sacrificed so much so his family could be blessed with those things with eternal value. Love him and you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, 100%. For proof, just look at the amazing adults his children became! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. He is amazing! This a great tribute to him and he deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he does! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

Share Your Light!