5/13/16

Saviors on Mount Zion

Do remember this talk from the last General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints? I thought this quote was pretty cool:

"I rejoice in the extraordinary faithfulness of our youth in indexing and finding their ancestors and then doing the baptism and confirmation work in the temple. You are literally among the prophesied saviors on Mount Zion."
         ~Elder Quentin L. Cook, "See Yourself in the Temple," April 2016 (emphasis added).                  

Wow! Did you know that? What a calling that we are blessed to magnify- becoming saviors on Mount Zion. That is part of becoming like Jesus. I also love this one:
"Do you young people want a sure way to eliminate the influence of the adversary in your life? Immerse yourself in searching for your ancestors, prepare their names for the sacred vicarious ordinances available in the temple, and then go to the temple to stand as proxy for them to receive the ordinances of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. As you grow older, you will be able to participate in receiving the other ordinances as well. I can think of no greater protection from the influence of the adversary in your life.
         ~Elder Richard D. Scott, "The Joy of Redeeming the Dead," October 2012 (emphasis added).
                 
I know that as I do family history and temple work, I feel the Holy Spirit more strongly in my life. It becomes easier for me to choose the right and follow His promptings. I grow a deeper love for my family, and I notice the miracles in my life. I have felt the blessings of coming closer to Heavenly Father and my family, past and present.


        Family history is a real protection from real temptations. How have you been blessed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Light!