11/14/16

Bible Celebration 2016

Today is International Day of the Bible! I am so grateful for the Bible and all those who sacrificed everything to get it to me. In seminary today my teacher was sharing a quote from William Tyndale who said, speaking to a cleric, "If God spare my life, ere many years I will cause the boy who drives the plough to know more of the scriptures than thou dost" (this makes me think of the Joseph Smith story). I am so grateful for people like William Tyndale who, when God gives them a mission, go out and do something about it.


I love the Bible, especially the New Testament, which my seminary class is reading this year. The words of Christ, the things He did, the miracles He performed and the sacrifice He made have become real for me. I can't imagine what life would be like without the words of Christ to provide comfort, clarity, and peace. Some of my favorite Bible scriptures are: "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father which is in heaven," "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not, for such is the kingdom of heaven," "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name...," "For unto us a child is born...the Prince of Peace," "For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."


I know the Bible is the word of God, and we can find the words of Christ in its pages.

For more about International Day of the Bible and how to share your love of the scriptures, click HERE. (Be sure to use #BibleCelebration to share your message with the world!)

To listen to/watch/read Elder Christofferson's talk on the blessings of scripture, click HERE.

To watch BYUTV's fantastic 3-part documentary about the Bible and those who lived and died for it, click HERE.

2 comments:

  1. This is so fantastic! Have you seen the documentary (maybe on BYUtv????) about the process of cross-referencing the scriptures? Not all about the Bible, but you'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't. Where can you find it? Sounds like something my family would enjoy!

      Delete

Share Your Light!